The latest incarnation of the HT-1, the HT-1R MkII gives you pure valve tones that are suitable for bedroom levels. Super-compact and easy to transport, the MkII edition boasts a raft of new and updated features.
With USB connectivity and a studio-quality reverb, the HT-1R has all of the appointments to meet the demands of modern guitarists.
British Valve Tones
The Blackstar HT-1R is a pure and authentic valve-powered amplifier. With a single ECC83 preamp valve, the HT-1R gets most of its British voice from its ECC82 power amp valve. Delivering pristine-sounding cleans, warm overdrive tones and saturated high-gain, this versatile little combo is suitable for both contemporary players and traditionalists alike.
With 2 channels, allowing you to setup switchable clean and overdrive/distortion sounds, the HT-1R has a clever trick up its sleeve. Each channel has two footswitchable voices, giving you more tonal options.
The clean channel lets you access "American" and "British" voices. The latter has a stronger mid-range, while the US-style mode has a more scooped, bright and focused character. Flick to the overdrive channel, and you can choose between "Classic" and "High-Gain" voices. So, whether you want those rich, old-school British rock tones, or aggressive American metal sounds - the choice is yours!
Blackstar's signature 'ISF' EQ knob features on the HT-1R. Letting you mould your sound to be more American or British, this unique control gives you that extra level of tweakability. Also sporting a USB port, direct recording has never been easier.
Another great feature is the newly-voiced studio quality reverb too, which you can use to really spruce up your clean tones, for example.
Here's what Blackstar says about the HT-1R MkII:
The HT-1R MkII is the perfect studio and practice amp, packed with great valve tone and new innovative features. It has been developed to sound full and toneful even at the lowest volume level.
The best clean tones: Now with two footswitchable Voices, one with an “American” character and the other with a Class A “British” sound – both are 100% Blackstar:
- Voice 1 “American” – A clean, bright and tight tone with a solid bass response for a refined American tone.
- Voice 2 “British” – A highly responsive “chime” with looser bottom for the British tone that can be pushed into a mid-range overdrive when driven hard.
The best overdrives: The two footswitchable Overdrive Voices are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but avoids any of the detached top-end “fizz” often found in other designs.
- Voice 1 “Classic” – This is the Classic “British” Blackstar overdrive. Rich and natural it goes all the way to Super Crunch gain but cleans up beautifully.
- Voice 2 “High Gain” – Inspired by the critically acclaimed HT Venue MkII high gain sounds, this overdrive has additional aggression in the high end with a tight resonant low-end.
The best features: Joining Blackstar’s patented ISF tone control is a USB audio output for easy pro recording and a newly voiced studio quality reverb.
The best looks: Even more refined and boutique, the newly design cabinet has a 3 degree angle, top-loader panel and stage-friendly chickenhead knobs.
- Footswitchable Voices for Clean and Overdrive
- USB audio out
- Newly-voiced studio quality reverb
- Boutique styling
- 1 Watt
- ECC83 Preamp Valve
- ECC82 Power Amp Valve
- 2 Channels
- 1x8" Speaker