The Squier Affinity strat is one of those guitars that has been around for ages, and has started the career of MANY guitarists. You'll recognize the shape because of players like Jimi Hendrix and David Gilmour and this Affinity series Strat is a great entry-point into the wonderful world of Strats.
Just like its Fender brother, this guitar has an SSS pickup configuration. This means you have 3 single-coils that give you the signature twangy strat sound in the bridge position, but lovely throaty, almost vocal tone on the neck pickup. Use the middle position to thin out the sound and get close to John Mayer type sounds. With a master volume control and 2 different tone controls, you can set the guitar up to be quite versatile. It can be as bright or as warm sounding as you want it to be.
These guitars come in a few funky colours that would make you think they're more expensive than what they really are. But they also have the standard strat specs like a tremolo bridge for Hank Marvin style vibrato, and a bolt-on neck which is partly what gives you the snappy sound you want from a Strat.
Here's What Squier Say About the Affinity Strat
The best value available today in electric guitar design, Squier Affinity Series guitars deliver solid sound with slick style. The Affinity Series Stratocaster combines the classic features that made the Stratocaster a rock 'n' roll favorite: sonic flexibility, authentic Fender sound, vintage style and eye-catching finishes.
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and “large” headstock
- 21-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard
- Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups with five-way switching
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
The stylish chrome hardware on this model resists tarnishing.
"C"-Shaped Neck Profile
The comfortable "C"-shaped neck profile of this instrument (the shape of the neck in cross section) is sculpted to impart a vintage-style playing feel. The most prevalent neck profile shape, it’s remarkably comfortable and is ideal for all playing styles.
Two-Color Headstock Logo
The elegant gold and black two-color headstock logo lends a touch of class to this instrument.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6” (40.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tip: White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)