A secondhand instrument in excellent condition. This signature series Squier is based on the Classic Vibe 60’s guitars and features aged/vintage parts with the famous Fiesta Red finish. Made in 2014, complete with Fender gig bag.
Guitar Magazine Review
"Tweaked pickups give this Squier's low end a tight, focussed Strat snap, and the trebles sound unexpectedly thick"
"The fretwork installation is very impressive, and the choice of a wire that's tall but not too wide or chunky provides a great balance between accurate chord intonation and effortless string bending with a low action."
"Our sample was a breeze to play, and the floating vibrato - a regular moulded-block Squier unit with the addition of bent steel saddles - offers about a whole tone up-bend and good return to pitch."
"Even under scrutiny the price seems low. Affordable, classy, accessible to younger players - it's an exceptional job - 93%"
Dave Welsh, Guitar & Bass Magazine. Read the whole review in the January 2010 issue
Total Guitar Feature
Total guitar have written a complete lowdown on the Biffy Clyro guitars including in depth interviews with the band and Simon Neil talking about how he gets his massive live sound.
- "Plays so sweet it even sees action at Biffy Shows"
- "It feels tough and professional, tunes up well, and doesn't feel like a £359 axe"
- "Pound for pound, this is the guitar that gets you closest to the sound of Only Revolutions."
- "To keen ears, there is increased tonal depth here that's critical for the huge sound of "Mountains", and will give your own riffs a boost even if you hate Biffy."
Henry Yates - Total Guitar - February 2010 Edition
Here's what Squier say about the Simon Neil Signature Strat
The Simon Neil Stratocaster guitar puts Simon's own personal touch on a Squier Classic Vibe series instrument. Based on his Fender Custom Shop Time Machine; ‘60s Stratocaster guitar, features include an alder body finished in Fiesta Red, vintage-tint gloss maple neck, Simon's signature on the back of the headstock and the Biffy Clyro band logo on the front.
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 3-ply mint green pickguard
- Three custom vintage-style single-coil pickups utilizing a mix of alnico III & V magnets - Perfect for rhythm parts and rich, clear leads
- Vintage-style tuning machines and tremolo, and aged plastic parts